Making a difference in both parents’ and children’s lives
All families deserve to have access to the same opportunities. The Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) program is designed to ensure that low-income families in Indiana have equal access to child care and educational opportunities. Firefly Children and Family Alliance provides eligibility determination services for families accessing the CCDF program.
For many Indiana families, access to high-quality child care is simply too expensive. Without the support of the CCDF program, many parents wouldn’t have the opportunity to work or attend school. The CCDF program provides parents with the financial support to afford quality child care while they are working, attending training, or going to school.
Qualifying for the Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) Program in Indiana
To qualify for CCDF in Indiana, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a foster parent who is working, attending training, or going to school
- Be a parent who is working, going to school or has a referral from TANF/IMPACT
- Be within income guidelines, outlined in detail below
- Have proof of identity for all family members
- Be a resident of the county where you are applying for assistance
- Children receiving care must be 13 or a child over the age of 13 with documented special needs until 18th birthday
- The child receiving assistance must be a U.S. citizen or qualified legal alien
To qualify for CCDF in Indiana, a family’s gross monthly income before taxes and any other deductions can’t exceed 127% of the federal poverty level. The family can then remain on the program until its income exceeds 185% max of the Indiana median income guidelines by family size, which is determined by the state.
Note that licensed foster parents who are seeking care for foster children and parents involved with the Indiana Department of Child Services don’t have to meet the income guidelines outlined on this page for CCDF.
On My Way Pre-K Indiana
On My Way Pre-K (OMWPK) awards grants to four-year-olds from low-income families so they may have access to a high-quality pre-K program the year before they begin kindergarten. Firefly Children and Family Alliance also helps administer the On My Way Pre-K program, which is designed to provide access to high-quality early education programs for four-year-old children from low-income families. Families who receive a grant may use the grant at any approved On My Way Pre-K program.
Evidence has shown that children who participate in pre-kindergarten education programming are significantly better prepared in the areas of school readiness, language and literacy skills than peers who do not attend a pre-kindergarten education program.
If your child will be age four by August 1st and your family meets program requirements, you can apply for Indiana’s On My Way Pre-K program.
Size of Family
- Appeal Form (Formulario De Apelación Para El Solicitante O Cosolicitante)
- Child Care Provider Information Page (Información Del Proveedor Del Fondo Para El Desarrollo Y Cuidado De Niños)
- Eligibility Letter
- Hoosier Child Care Swipe Card (CRO Autorización De Tarjeta)
- Name Attestation
- New Enrollment Packet (New Enrollment Packet – Spanish)
- New Hire Verification Form
- OMW Parent Agreement Form (Prejardín On My Way Pre-K Formulario de consentimiento de padres)
- OMW Pre-K Packet (OMW Pre-K Packet – Spanish))
- OMW Provider Information Page (Información Del Proveedor Del Programa On My Way (OMW))
- Parent Appeal Procedures
- Parent/Applicant Worksheet (Planilla Para El Padre/Soliciante)
- Parent Reauthorization Packet (Parent Reauthorization Packet – Spanish)
- PreApplication Form (Fondo Para El Desarrollo Y Cuidado De Niños)
- Profit and Loss Statement (Resumen De Ingresos Y Gastos Con Trabajo Por Cuenta Propia)
- Provider/Parent Statement
- Residency Verification Form (Declaración De Residenci)
- Report of Change
- Secondary School Enrollment (Verificación De Inscripción En La Escuela Secundaria)
- Tipped Employee Worksheet (Planilla Para Empleados Con Propina Del Programma De Vales De CCDF)
- Wage Detail Form (Detalle De Salarios)